Thursday 24 September 2015

London Fashion Week: Suzie Mahony Designs SS16



The day finally arrived to head off to London Fashion Week.  After months of anticipation it was very exciting to be finally boarding the plane with my complete collection safely in the hold.

Arriving at the prestigious Hilton London Paddington where my collection will be shown with the House of iKons Show alongside other designers from around the globe.

The event was produced by Savita Kaye in aid of the Princes Trust.  Hosts for the event were TV Celebrity Johny Pach and Cinde Rella Renowned DJ.

 The experience of such an event was amazing.  Connecting with buyers, fellow designers, top models, styling my look for the runway during rehearsals and overall backstage buzz was unique.  It was a constant hive of activity.  Before the show I was interviewed by various TV channels including SKY where the event will be featured on Fashion One!!


I was delighted to have with me the fabulous Mary Lee from Catwalk Modelling Agency complete my runway moment as my Brand Ambassador.


My SS16 'Butterfly' Collection was designed in vibrant strong colours in beautiful silk to convey the movement and elegance of the Butterfly.  Trimmed with silk twists in complementing tones the collection was modelled with swimsuits to emphasise the designs.


The response was amazing, the crowd loved the collection and the unique way it was presented. Many commented on the 'elegance' and 'colour' of the collection and how each piece was 'a work of art'.  It was fantastic from such an amazing show on the runway for my very first London Fashion Week.

I look forward to my next international show!!


No comments:

Post a Comment