Saturday 15 July 2017

Wedding Showcase at The Meadow Court Hotel

Wedding Showcase at the Meadow Court Hotel



It really didn't take much convincing to give up my Sunday afternoon for this Wedding Showcase in our local hotel The Meadow Court where we got married over 20 yrs ago!!


The newly refurbished function room is very warm and inviting to all.  A very comfortable homely feeling you get from this beautiful family run hotel.


Our showcase was modelled by Catwalk Modelling Agency.  In my interview with Mandy Maher Catwalk Modelling Agency I shared lots of my tips and advice for Mother of the Bride.


Suzie Mahony Designs hats and jewellery with fashion from Guna Deas Loughrea.  Perfect wedding guest looks for this season.


I could have chosen any colour hat here from the stripes in the skirt but red is on trend this season and makes the look a little stronger.



For my own Show I styled the models with hats, bags and jewellery to show a variety of what may work for your special day.  By using plain cream and black jumpsuits this look set off the accessories perfectly.

Nude Pink has to be one of the top tones this season for mother of the bride.  Here I designed a nude pink silk percher hat for which I designed the block myself to maintain a unique finish.  I have trimmed it with ivory veiling and silk swirls.  I added a pale pink pearl bag which brightens the black jumpsuit and also ties the look together.








Melania Blue:  


Another good tone for Mother of the Bride this year.  This piece is an elegant button shape where I have trimmed with beautifully cut feathers and a little bling!!


My 'Wave' Design hats are causing a stir this season as ladies take on the idea of wearing something very strong in shape and when created in block colours like this royal blue, can be very striking.


The Backstage Selfie!!  


Here I styled Katie with this bespoke black silk handmade hat trimmed with ivory pearls, feathers and silk swirls.  A real showstopper and looks amazing.  I simply teamed it with ivory pearls and a black patent clutch to bring the look together with her jumpsuit.  


Thank you for reading my blog.

Suzie x

No comments:

Post a Comment