Saturday 13 May 2017

Wedding Styling with Suzie Mahony Designs

Wedding Styling and Millinery with Suzie Mahony Designs


Styling ladies for their family weddings is something I have enjoyed throughout my Millinery career. It should be an enjoyable experience for your son or daughters wedding, but all too often we see the cracks of stress creeping in!!  And the search for that outfit goes on!!

I keep things simple,  the bottom line for me is a lady wants to look her absolute best on that day so its my job to bring it all together with the hat design and styling through the accessories that can transform the look.

Suzie Mahony Designs creates bespoke hats for a number of occasion boutiques each season.  This process gives me a great insight into the trends and colours featuring for weddings each year.

I have put together a little sample of my styling with a selection of outfits from Isobel Boutique Adare.  This boutique has been renovated into the most amazing occasion 5 Star boutique, a real gem in the heart of the beautiful Adare Village, Co Limerick.

Blues / Silvers



Slate Blue is a lovely soft rich blue tone and works perfectly with bright silver or ivory tones.  This is a two piece dress and jacket combination from Isobel Boutique.  This outfit has a beautiful finish with lots of seam detail.  
I paired it with 2 different types of hats.  An orchid and silk headpiece and the larger saucer hat trimmed with silvery ivory.  A simple silver clutch finishes the look. The selection of Suzie Mahony occasion bags are available online to browse.

 Nude Pink / Black 


Probably one of the most popular tones this year, nude pink.  Here the nude pink is overlayed with black silk, and a separate wrap.   I have shown here a hat which I have designed overlayed with black lace and pearl trim,  also the plain pink hat trimmed with a lovely splash of feather which works perfectly with the black detail on the dress.  Either bag options would work here, the pink pearl or a classic black clutch.  


Yellow / Grey Wedding Guest:-


This yellow and grey is a great 'guest' look for the wedding.  It is a very vibrant zesty yellow tone but when it is combined with the soft grey/silver it works very well.  The overall look is very fresh and seasonal.  

 Navy / Ivory

This is one of those outfits that the hanger doesn't do it justice.  A plain dress underneath with this detailed coat, all from Isobel Boutique Adare.   A beautiful elegant finish on.  I opted for a veiled headpiece which I designed with dyed silk swirls to bring out the lovely rose tones in the coat.  I also added a pop of royal with the bag and this works very well with the coat detail.   This outfit can easily handle a larger hat design. 

This is only a sneak peak at the vast range of international labels and leading brands available at Isobel Boutique.

Thank you for reading my wedding styling blog.
Suzie x

No comments:

Post a Comment